Unique Disability Identity Card
We welcome you to Help 4 Special project under Sneh Social Welfare Foundation. Our team provides interactive videos and beneficial information for helping Persons with Disability for meeting their needs and support them wholeheartedly. This initiative allows us to become a successful member of the community where we can spread awareness and handhold our special-needs individuals responsibly.
Unique Disability Identity Card is a successful project initiated by the Govt. of India for the welfare of individuals with special needs. It is necessary to apply for the UDID card to avail various benefits and schemes meant for Persons with Disability. Help 4 Special aims to share the information and spread awareness about the benefits of a UDID card. We have uploaded beneficial videos to explain its use and guide you step-by-step for filling the application form online. By submitting the form online, the process gets streamlined faster with lesser errors and reliable record maintenance.
The UDID project initiated by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities is available online at http://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/
The UDID project aims at building a holistic end-to-end integrated system for Issuance of Universal ID & Disability Certificates for Person with Disabilities with their identification and disability details. It includes -
- Online availability of data of Person with Disabilities across the country through a centralized web application
- Online filing and submission of registration application form for disability certificate/ Universal ID card; Offline applications may also be accepted and subsequently digitized by agencies.
- The quick Assessment process for calculating the percentage of disability by the hospitals/ Medical Board
- Non-duplication of PwDs data
- Online renewal and update of information by Person with Disabilities/ on their behalf
- MIS reporting framework
- Effective management including interoperability of the benefits/schemes launched by the Government for PwD
- To take care of additional disabilities in future. Number of limitations at the moment is seven and shall be subject to increase as per the new Act/ notification, which can be up to 19 or more.
As per the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights & Full Participation) Act, 1995 - A person with a disability with one or more of limitations comes under any of the below-mentioned categories:
- Blindness - "Blindness" refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following situation, namely-
- 1) The total absence of sight; or
- 2) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or
- 3) Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse;
- Cerebral Palsy - "Cerebral Palsy" means a group of non-progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal, peri-natal or infant period of development;
- Low vision- " Low vision" means a person with Impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with an appropriate assistive device;
- Locomotor disability- "Locomotor disability" means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy;
- Leprosy-cured- "Leprosy-cured person" means a person who has been cured of leprosy but is suffering from the following conditions-
- 1) Loss of sensation in hands or feet, paresis in the eye and eye-lid with no manifest deformity
- 2) Manifest deformity and paresis but having sufficient mobility in their hands and feet to enable them to engage in regular economic activity
- 3) Extreme physical deformity, as well as advanced age which prevents from undertaking any gainful occupation and the expression "Leprosy Cured", shall be construed accordingly
- Mental retardation- "Mental retardation" means a condition of arrested or incomplete development of mind of a person which is mainly characterized by sub normality of intelligence;
- Mental illness- "Mental illness" means any mental disorder other than Mental retardation
- Hearing Impairment- "Hearing Impairment" means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies
The UDID card shall bring a multitude of benefits to Persons with Disabilities:
- Will not need to make multiple copies of documents or maintain and carry numerous records as the card will capture all the necessary details decoded with the help of a reader.
- The UDID card will be the single document of identification and verification of the disabled for availing various benefits in future.
- The UDID Card will also help in streamlining the tracking of the physical and financial progress of beneficiary at all levels of the hierarchy of implementation – from village level, block level, District level, State level and National level.
Help 4 Special team has uploaded the following video for step-by-step guidance to fill the form online and submit along with the necessary scanned documents as requested.